Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Leaders Gathered














A Poem

The leaders they gathered to share of their skill,
To tell each the secrets of his leadership will.

“I left them bridges and buildings we made,”
Said one leader first to begin the parade.

“I led great armies to victory I say,”
Said the next leader in line to tell of his way.

“I gave them trophies all glittery gold,
From championship winnings where our play was bold.”

“I gave them knowledge and made them aware,
I taught them well how to study with care.”

One by one, the leaders they told,
Of their stories of greatness as they grew old.

Finally, each had spoken to tell of his power,
Save for one who sat quiet until the end of the hour.

“How did you lead and what did you do?”
The others asked of a leader like you.

Finally, he spoke a bit timid you see,
For leading to him was not all about me.

“I showed them my love and gave them my care,
I helped them become all they could dare.

“I pushed them and pulled them to the top of the peak,
I told them their strengths and ignored what was weak.

“I gave them hard work and goals hung on a star,
And assured them they could become all that they are.

“I guess I would say that what is most true,
Is I believed in them and what they could do.”

All the success!

No comments:

Post a Comment